To celebrate the International Day of Music – October 1st (Saturday), a selection of the classiest Bulgarian musicians from here and abroad will gather in Plovdiv. Special appearances will be made from:
- Dorina Markova from London
- The pianist Ana Dimova from Vienna
- Violas lead of the Strasburg orchestra – Boris Tonkov
- The virtuoso contrabass Tashko Tashev from Lausanne.
The Bulgarian side will meet them with:
- The phenomenal guitarist Plamen Petrov (equally phenomenal as a teacher in Rockschool.bg).
- One of the stars of the Bulgarian jazz scene – Peter Salchev
- Lead cello of the Plovdiv Philharmonic orchestra– Annet Artinian
- The Fiddler on the Sofia Soloists – Jordan Dimitrov
- The soprano - Evelina Kuzmova
This mixture of extraordinary musicians will present a wide selection of every musical genre to the audience. From the greatest masterpieces of classical music, the audience will be swept into tango, country and bluegrass, through some of the most striking examples of film music to some of the most beloved pop hits.
The concert will be one musical festivity that will present music in its most attractive and most accessible form. The musicians, known to us in specific musical amploa, will demonstrate that good music doesn’t know any restrictions and that “classics” can be modern just as easily as “pop” music can be considered “classics”.
The concert will take place on October 1st (Saturday) at 19:30 in the St Louis (Ludovic) Cathedral in Plovdiv. Under the dome of the church, the audience and musicians will enjoy the perfect acoustics and the remarkable beauty of the interior, which will undoubtedly transform this night into an unforgettable experience.
Tickets will cost 5BGN (leva) and will be sold at the entrance.The collected funds will go to charity.